Friday, February 11, 2011

Jar Recipes.. Have you heard of them?

I recently put together a Valentine's day goodie bag for one of my daughter's  class.  This jar contained homemade yumminess at it's simplest form in a prepackaged jar.  All the dry ingredients to a chocolate chip cookie mix.  The only ingredients needed to complete the recipe was some non salted butter and an egg  

I have to admit the idea is not innovative at all.  I received one as a gift years ago that was purchased from a huge company who's flagship is in San Francisco's Union Square.  As a recipient of one these nifty jars, fast forward a few years,  I though it was perfect for Valentine's day to share some love in the kitchen with the little loves in our lives.  I hope that when they receive them, they will love them as much as I did when I received mine.  Used a simple chocolate cookie recipe, I substituted the chocolate chips with Valentine M&M's which was placed on top of all the dry ingredients. Printed out a recipe, poshed it up added a little Valentine flair and they were ready to go.


Little did I know, there were actual recipes called "jar recipes," shared by a fan from my FB page.  Jaclyn of KC Accessories was kind enough to share a few recipes with me that I am dying to try.  After a few comment exchanges and emails going back and forth, I thought to share the recipe with you in the event you would like to make these for someone you care about.  I personally think, it would be a great idea for when you are visiting friend on a play date or even a luncheon. 

Jaclyn has more "jar recipes" and would love to share them with you.  Send her an email with one of your recipes and she would share one of hers with you.  Thank you Jaclyn for the recipe~~

Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients in Jar

• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup of softened butter, with 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add the entire contents of the jar, and mix by hand until combined. Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.

Yield: 2 Dozen

Have a wonderful Posh day~~~~ ღ(。◕‿◕。)ღ

No comments:

Post a Comment